Professional Services offered
INFRASTRUCTURE , CIVIL / STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING
- Civil / Structural design for residential, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings
- Structural Integrity Assessments of Structures and Buildings
- Earthworks Design; borrow pits, cut/fill balance calculations, slope protection and erosion control measures
- 1D and 2D computer modelling of water in pipes, open channels and floodplains
- Civil engineering design, documentation and supervision for all works associated with urban and rural development
- Assessment and design for pumping stations, rising mains, towers and masts
- Structural assessment and design for gravity structures, tanks and reservoirs, retaining walls, wharves and pipelines
Tropical Biodiversity Centre, Sungai Liang
KPI (formerly IEC Sdn Bhd) have been involved with the project from the outset, completing a Masterplan in 2006, and then lead consultant for the first stage implementation in 2009, providing architectural, engineering, quantity surveying and landscape architectural services, together with supervision of the Contractor during construction.
INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT, UTILITIES & PRIMARY RESOURCES
Vacuum Sewerage Scheme, Kg Sungai Bungai
The project involved design and operation of vacuum sewerage schemesfor 500 new water village houses on Sg Brunei. KPI (previously IEC Sdn Bhd) undertook Project Management, Design and Supervision with Joint Venture partner, ZHMD Engineering Services Sdn Bhd undertaking construction and operation.
- Industrial development for natural resources, resource management and extraction plans
- Site evaluation studies, including geotechnical / soil hydrology, vegetation / ecosystems
- Forestry and Agricultural schemes: Mechanised rice schemes, large-scale irrigation, water storage reservoirs, sustainable forestry and plantation management
- Feasibility studies for water supply, electricity, drainage, sewerage, telecoms and domestic gas
- Network analysis for utilities: water supply, irrigation distribution and sewerage schemes
- Services provided to clients in the petrochemical and infrastructure industries cover the range from initial project identification on greenfield sites up to commissioning and handover to client
TOWN PLANNING & URBAN DESIGN
- Development Concept Plans for Mixed-use Development sites, incorporating commercial, industrial, ports / marinas, marine supply bases, fabrication yards, refineries and pipeline systems.
- Urban design, park planning, town centre revitalisation, streetscapes, community action plans, landscape enhancement schemes.
- Specialist studies for environmental controls / standards in urban development, eg. flood studies, heritage studies, sustainability and ecological studies.
- Financial Feasibility Plans, Cost-Benefit Analysis.
- Regional and Local Environment Studies, Strategic and Statutory Planning for Development Control Plans, Local Environment Plans.
- Sectoral Studies: Economic Framework, Tourism, Transport and Terminus Planning, Land Inventory and Land-use Suitability, Business Development, Housing, Urbanisation, Food Security, Agriculture and Fisheries.
Tutong Town Centre Revitalisation
Tutong Central and Riverfront precints are the commercial and cultural hub for the district. The memorable setting on the river and the range of activities ensure high visitation from local visitors, and this is set to continue with expansion of government facilities, new retail outlets, and infrastructure upgrading. Ongoing expansion works, combined with new initiatives arising from this Masterplan will ensure that the township attains recognition as a dynamic riverside community for Bruneian regional travelers.
ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT, SITE REMEDIATION, ENVIRONMENTAL AUDITS
EIA/EMMP for AMBD headquarters, Berakas
KPI Sdn Bhd were commissioned to prepare a Baseline Survey and Environmental Management and Monitoring Plan (EMMP) for earthworks on the new AMBD Headquarters. The Baseline Study involved investigation of the forested site for significant fauna activity, vegetation of interest to the Forestry Department and conservation value, and to determine environmental indicators / benchmarkers in the soils, air quality, and waterways or drains surrounding the project site.
- Baseline studies of environmental indicators, flora/fauna surveys, water quality/hydrology, air quality and noise pollutants, socio-economic factors.
- Quantification of impacts, prediction of risks and evaluating impacts.
- Identifying mitigation measures to meet Brunei Standards and Pollution Control Guidelines.
- Prepare Environmental Management and Monitoring Plans for the construction and operational phases of the development.
- Cost effective remediation programs for contaminated sites, including treatability studies at laboratory and pilot scale and full scale treatment of soils and groundwater contaminated by metals, petroleum hydrocarbons, pesticides, cyanides, PCBs and other major pollutants.
- Environmental audit comprises systematic, documented, periodic and objective evaluation of how well the organisation, management and/or equipment are performing in relation to safeguarding the environment.